Paragraph styles not cooperating

I have several custom paragraph styles that I created when I began using Dorico a couple years ago. I saved them as default styles and use them often in my projects.

Since Dorico 5 was released (maybe even earlier), the formatting of these styles in my projects can sometimes take on a life of its own. For instance, I am trying to create a text object using my custom “Expression” paragraph style (Academico, 10 pt, Staff Relative, Bolt Italic…), and it appears perfect at first. However, as soon as I exit the text tool, it reverts to Italic rather than Bold Italic. Even if I try to override the style and set it as Bolt Italic, it reverts to Italic. I have noticed this problem in my page templates as well, but it usually only occurs when using my custom paragraph styles. I believe it’s only the font “style” (bold, italic, etc) that won’t cooperate.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like it’s the same as this thread – a known issue that they’re working on.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I did several searches for solutions, but I did not find this thread.

This issue is fixed in Dorico 5.1.10, which was released yesterday.

1 Like

I noticed right away. Thank you!