Parameters to be saved with a project

I big wish of mine is, that certain parameters could be stored in the project, such as: Export settings (file format, export path, namin scheme a.s.o.), or the enable/disable function editing modes such as shuffle, grid a.s.o. This would dramatically slimline the workflow when working on many projects at the same time… Thanks!

I would have to double-check but I thought this was updated with the recent version(s). I seem to recall the export path is now remembered as well as the settings, on a per project basis.

As for the edit modes etc I can dig it I suppose. But aren’t at least some of those also saved with the workspaces or whatever it is we can create shortcuts for?

Export settings are stored in projects, at least some parts of it

I would love to see some settings that change that…

+1
Thank you tcgass, this has been getting worse over the years, and should be addressed. Module views, settings, and parameters. Please SB, when we save a project it should remember EVERYTHING, with few exceptions. Export parameters has always been a booby-trap between projects.

What ever happened to the great feature in Nuendo, that all the modules would open and size to what was last viewed in that project? Now module views open to the view of the last project, not the project’s last view saved. A royal PITA, and in some cases dangerous, in a commercial studio where we switch projects with different clients, all day long.

We are constantly switching between projects during the day. A project should pickup were last saved right down to the cursor position. Example, you can have a project’s grid set to 8th note triplets, switch to a project that you set to 16th notes, go back to the previous project to find it has changed to 16th notes. What? Worse yet I opened a video sweeting project with the timeline set to 29.97 TC, switched back to the music project that was Bars and Beats but the timeline had become 29.97 TC. Like I could remember the Bars and Beats setting I had on a project from last week.

I’m still on v10.2. If some of this have been addressed in 10.3, I only hope.
Is there documentation listing what parameters are saved to projects apposed to what is saved system settings?
Thanks, Nuendo is great.
Fox

What ever happened to the great feature in Nuendo, that all the modules would open and size to what was last viewed in that project? Now module views open to the view of the last project, not the project’s last view saved. A royal PITA, and in some cases dangerous, in a commercial studio where we switch projects with different clients, all day long.

This is simply not true… it is more complicated…
My project window, my mixer window and most of the plugins get restored to the last saved state from the project

if I change something in the preferences some things get screwed up… but not always

difficult to explain…

Is there documentation listing what parameters are saved to projects apposed to what is saved system settings?

as far as I know there is no single document, only hints in the manual from time to time

I’m going to add a +1000 to this one.

I would like very much if export path, export bit rate, cycle export vs locators export and naming scheme (for starters) were saved with the project.

I say this after, in the middle of a series composing gig with a relatively complicated set of output requirements, returning to revise elements of an older project with a very different set of parameters. Even with saved presets, checking all of the variables results in both a great opportunity to introduce error into the process and a big pain in the behind resetting to the original state.

In ref to some of the comments above-- I as well thought some of the export parameters had been made “per project” with 10.3, and I think I even noticed it between projects. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of production mayhem (shouldn’t be here now!) and can’t test it out. What I do know is that, just now, going from a 44.1, 16 bit project to a 48/24 required manual adjustment, and that I had to reset both the naming scheme and the output location.

In solidarity,

Chewy