Paste discontinuous selection [solved with chord mode]

I am certain ti has been asked before, but I cannot find it.
Please add a feature to be able to paste notes that are surrounded by rests into another place - without Dorico also copying the rests between the notes. This is my number one problem with composing in Dorico right now, after all the good stuff has been implemented recently,

Thank you!

I am not sure what you are describing - can you please include a short example?

Try activating chord mode (q) before pasting - maybe this will give you what you want. There’s also a similar function under Edit > Paste Special > Paste Into Voice.
If this doesn’t give you what you want, you can assign a shortcut to Edit > Filter > Notes and chords, which will omit rests from the selection.

I think the request is to be able to copy and paste, for instance, bars 1 and 3, without including material in bar 2.

Nikola,

A way to the result you ask for: paste the selection in an (empty) stave.
There is the new selection with rests.
Filter: Rests
Hit I (to ge the Insert mode)
Hit Delete
There you got the same notes without the rests.

Jan

Sorry, completely misunderstood.

This is the solution! I have never thought about that chord mode can be useful with monophonic material.

To clarify I have attached some images - upper stave is about to recieve some pasted notes. If using regular paste mode - some notes are lost to rests. If using Chord mode and pasting - the desired result is obtained. Thank you andgle!

Nikola
Zrzut ekranu 2018-08-21 o 16.40.28.png
Zrzut ekranu 2018-08-21 o 16.40.21.png
Zrzut ekranu 2018-08-21 o 16.40.13.png

Nikola,

Two other methods that does the trick (without need for chord mode):

Select the passage to be copied.
Hit Alt+N to bring the notes a system up.
or
Select the passage to be copied
menu Edit>Paste Special>Duplicate to staff above

Jan

Great! Many thanks to all of you!
Nikola