paste midi part on other part and replacing it(not adding)

Is there a way to copy a midi part and paste it on other part but replacing the original and not adding on top of it ?
for example: i have a midi drum part 1 starting from bar 1 to 20 and i have another midi drum part 2 and i copy with selection tool 1 bar from it and i want to paste it on drum part1 at bar 10 and i want bar 10 to be replaced with drum part2…
right now drum part2 is copied as usual and added to drum part1 and both played at bar 10 and i have to edit and cut drum part1 so only drum part2 plays at bar 10 !

Any idea folks ? maybe a macro or logical editor function ?
maybe it can be done too obviously and i just miss it ? :unamused:
can save me lot of editing clicks !

Why not just use the scissors tool and cut and delete the bits you don’t want from the it’s part?

thats exactly the idea… avoiding splitting midi event with scissors(or other cut acts) and then delete.
just 2 actions to accomplish what i need .copy and do a special paste to replace the midi event by the new copied one… if u do it alot it save a lot of extra clicking and editing
(so basicly its kind of automatic cutting the midi part and delete it where i paste the new copied midi part, but i can’t figure out how to make a macro for it or use logical editor command to do so)

Do it the easy way lol

i wonder if i should press the “thanks” button for you on this one. :unamused:
but anyway the way i mentioned should be easier(if its possible of course :wink: lazy man’s tools i guess )
maybe i should added it to the “very short” list of FR forum :smiley:

Couldn’t you make your OP repro harder to understand? I’m sure you’re trying, but you could do better. :wink:

You can save a couple moves with a macro after you copy the part you want to paste, and select (with the range tool) the region you want to replace

simple macro:
Delete
Paste

Couldn’t you make your OP repro harder to understand? I’m sure you’re trying, but you could do better. > :wink: >

i tried to make it harder to understand but i have my limitations i geuss :wink:

You can save a couple moves with a macro after you copy the part you want to paste, and select (with the range tool) the region you want to replace

simple macro:
Delete
Paste

looks faster than regular workflow to do it, but then still no way to let the program to do what i suggest probably ?!
thanks anyway Steve

:slight_smile: nice comeback (even if he did walk into it…!)

:laughing: :laughing:

Mozizo, don’t get discouraged! There are some great examples you can study right here on the forum. :wink: :mrgreen:

On topic though, what would you call such a command, what data would it use, and what all would it do? Does the user not at least have to make a selection for the copying and one for the pasting?

Mozizo, don’t get discouraged! There are some great examples you can study right here on the forum. > :wink: > > :mrgreen: >

good forum to learn from ! :wink:

Does the user not at least have to make a selection for the copying and one for the pasting?

yep :slight_smile: already said lazy man’s tool… i thought maybe the program knows the length of the copied part(obviously it knows) and cut and delete the area where the new part pasted.

Cubase needs a scripting engine to get it to tell us anything.

Byt hey, I saved you up to three moves! :wink:

yep, my mouse already miss my hand (sounds bad haa ? ) thanks :wink:

I don’t think I want to know what your mouse does with your hand! :laughing: