Pasted slurs are out of place

Hello, I want to replicate the slurs from one measure to the others with the same notes or the same rhythmic subdivision. I select the “master” measure by clicking into it, right click > filter > slurs, then when the slurs are orange I do a “cmd+c” to copy, then select the target measures and do a “cmd+v” and the slurs are out of place. I tried in different situations but I always end up pasting one measure at a time, it is the only way the slurs do not go awry. Is it me, a bug or something else?

It looks like the behavior you would have if you had typed r. I don’t think this is very useful, I’d rather have the next slur beginning on the next note — and you probably would want your slurs to look like the original bar…

1 Like

Yes, I want to replicate the slur as in the rectangle, the arrows show the odd behaviour I get when trying to do a simple copy/paste. I have not typed “r”, I am not that advanced yet!

I know. I’m just saying that this behavior is wrong and is close to the behavior you would get when pressing r. There’s some room for improvement here, and it’s probably already on the devs backlog :wink:

1 Like

Select the two slurs using Control/Command-Click. Paste using Alt-Click. Does that work?

1 Like

Yes, I did it but the problem arises when pasting them unto several measures.

Paste them once into the first 2 measures, then again, then again, etc.

I think Dorico’s less clever than you’re expecting it to be (at least around this area). It knows that the first quaver/eighth is slurred to the third, and that the fourth is slurred to the sixth, but when you copy and multi-paste it it can’t deduce what the distance should be between the second and third (or “next first”?) pasted slurs.

1 Like

It works for me as I have described.

Select the first 2 slurs. Alt-click to add them to the next measure; repeat alt-clicking measure by measure till done.

1 Like