Patch scripts - cannot find

I have had a good look through old threads and cannot seem to find a solution. Somehow my patchscript files disappeared. I think it was when I updated to Cubase 6.0.7

I am talking about custom patchscripts - not the standard ones that come with cubase. These include a txt files for yamaha S90 which is based on categories rather than general banks, and Kawai K1. I have tried dropping them into the c:/Program files/steinberg/cubase 6/scripts/inactive but they do not appear when I go to install from the midi divice manager.

Any suggestions?

Dear KeyKrusher,

the correct path to save those .txt files is:
C:\Users<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64\Scripts\Patchnames

Regards

Yes, I had seen that path C:\Users<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64\Scripts\Patchnames mentioned on other forum threads. For some strange reason that path does not exist on my pc. maybe it got deleted somehow. Anyway, I created that file path again and put a patch script into it but Cubase is still not ‘seeing’ it.

Hi KeyKrusher,

Please note that “AppData” is a hidden folder. To see hidden files and folders, please check the following link:

Regards

Ah, now that sounds promising. I’ll try that later when I am back home. Thanks both for your help.

:slight_smile:

I changed the settings on windows to show hidden files. Under c:/users there is a folder called ‘default’. Is that the one. There is no folder with my name on it.

From within ‘Default’ I selected ‘app data’/‘roaming’. This did not contain a steinberg folder - only microsoft, media centre and macromedia. So I created a steinberg folder,within that I created cubase 6_64/and within that I created Scripts. I then put three scripts into that folder. No luck. Then I changed the cubase folder to cubase 6_32 instead as I have the 32 bit version. I then went to install the midi script file and it found the one xml file which I do not need but not the txt files.

So I am getting there. Is it that cubase does not accept txt files any more? If not how do I convert them? :confused:

I am still puzzled where my original script files disappeared too. These ones I am experimenting with had to be downloaded from the web again.

Here is an example of one of my script files that I cant seem to import
MyS90CubaseScript.txt (35 KB)

Still going round and round in circles trying to fix this. :frowning: :confused:

I rang up steinberg. First tech support person said look at instructions on http://www.dhoop.de website. He seemed to want to get me off the phone as quick as possible. I looked at the web site and its instructions were just a one liner saying to put the scripts in the c:/Documents and Settings/computer name/application date/steinberg/cubase 4/Scripts/patchnames folder. That was no help - especially as I have cubase 6.0.7 and Windows 7.

I rang steinberg back - second person was more helpful and sent me instructions on how to trash the cubase folder. I have tried this so that now I just have c:/users//appdata/steinberg which is now empty. According to the instructions, cubase will make the appropriate sub folders re-appear. However cubase has not done this. I am wondering if I need to reinstall cubase?

Please can anyone give me any suggestions?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

:bulb: Sorted it:

I have found the proper place for my script files here:
C:\Users\Music\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive

Music is the name of my pc! When people were saying look for the
C:\Users<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive, I assumed that meant:
C:\Users\Nigel Hammond\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive, where Nigel Hammond is me!
I actually ended up creating a Nigel Hammond folder and all the subfolders because one wasn’t there! :blush:

So my suggestion to any future lost soles who cannot find their patch script folder on windows 7, try:
C:\Users<PC Name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive

Hello!

I’m having a similar problem, except I’m running on Macbook & I think this path only applies to PC. (I have nothing called AppData or Roaming in my computer)

I used to use Cubase LE on this computer, which had come with a piece of hardware I had bought. When I did an upgrade to my computer, Cubase LE stopped working, which is when I decided to buy the full version.

When I was using Cubase LE, the patchname scripts were in :

Cubase LE > Library > Midi Device Patchname Scripts > inactive > Yamaha

The folder “inactive” contains different folders for each brand, & inside these folders are .txt files which are the scripts for each different model. I remember, mine (Yamaha S90) wasn’t originally there, so I had to find it & drop it in the folder & it then started working… but this was on Cubase LE.

I’m running Cubase 6.5.4 now.

All I have is the application icon “Cubase” in my Applications folder. There is no Cubase folder anywhere. The old “Cubase LE” folder still exists, but my new Cubase doesn’t see it.)

Where are the Patchname Scripts on Mac for Cubase 6?

Thanks!!