Patch Sound Changes When I Click On Track In Cubase

It seems there is something wrong with my VSTs I use in Cubase. Whenever I click the track with Omnisphere or my Mini V3 for example the patch completely changes! It’s driving me crazy that this happening. I don’t know why it’s doing it and it started happening after I installed Keyscape. Not sure why it would make all my VSTs sound off when I click their tracks but it is. I hope somebody can help.

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum,

By “click the track”, do you mean you select the track? Is the Record Enable button enabled automatically then? So any hardware passes the data to the track?

Thanks for replying. Yes, it happens when I select the track. I noticed something when you asked about the record enable. I select just the record enable button and it does it as well. And yes it enables record enable when I select the track.

Hi,

Could you use MIDI Monitor to discover, which hardware sends the Program Change?

I have Cubase 10.5. Where do I find midi monitor?

Hi,

It’s MIDI Insert, which you can apply to any MIDI and or Instrument Track.

Or use any 3rd party software.

I put it on the insert. I’m seeing a sporadic display of information. Is it supposed to go crazy like that?? Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 3.06.38 PM

Hi,

No, it shouldn’t look like this. But at the other hand, this is probably not the source of the problem.

It seems, the Modulation wheel on your hardware is moving constantly a bit. What MIDI Keyboard do you use, please?

But I don’t expect MIDI CC1 is changing the patch/sound in your VSTi.

I use a Key Lab 49 Essential. It didn’t do this before I put Keyscape on my computer.

Hi,

Could you try to switch the MIDI Input from the All MIDI Inputs option to a dedicated MIDI Device? And then other? Can you find out, which MIDI Port is the one?

It was on All Midi Inputs option. I went ahead and put it on the dedicated midi input and it still did the thing.

Hi,

Which MIDI Input exactly? Or and MIDI Input?

It’s named Arturia Keylab Essential 49 MIDI IN

Hi,

Do you also use Keylab Essential 49 as Remote Device (Mackie Control or Mackie HUI) by any chance?