Pay as you go financing till you reach the total then you own it

It would be nice to have this option to pay as you go until you reach the total and then you own the product not everybody has $500 $600 $700 $800 $900 $1000 per product but I do believe there are a lot of people out there that would spend money on a monthly basis as long as they could own the product in the end not like your current financing system where you never end up owning it I do believe this scares a lot of people away and Steinberg is only seeing half their earning potential?

I do not want to start with the phrase that going professional has its price. Clearly, there are quite a few people out there who do not plan on making both ends meat with audio productions. Now, if taking up a small loan from their bank is not an option there are music shops who offer financing . I have seen just now a store who offers up to 18 months without charging any interest. This seems way easier than loading this upon Steinberg who might not have the manpower or facility for that.
Good occasion right now. Nuendo is 20% cheaper at the moment. Peace … :slight_smile:
Servus, Big K

4 Likes

I do not want to see Steinberg go into the financing business. Let’s keep them focused on development. Also, I do not want to see them go subscription either… we have enough of those out there. There are plenty of ways to get financing, and if you are a student, there are student discounts, plus Steinberg has good deals throughout the year. I understand it can be expensive or tough, and one wants an entry point, I get it. However, Steinberg does have an entry point – several versions of Cubase, and they’re all great and quite powerful and with excellent price levels.

And sure, if Steinberg wants to have some preferred relationship kind of deal with some financial institution, go for it.

But there are numerous entry points into the Cubase/Nuendo ecosystem. Cubase keeps getting better and better post production features, and frankly, quite a few “pros” that might want Nuendo would be totally fine using Cubase and get the job done if they really had to. I mixed several movies in Cubase over the years, and that was long before it became as powerful as it is now. And my clients were super happy, and actually thought I had mixed everything on an expensive Pro Tools rig.

Also, if getting financing is the biggest challenge to your owning Nuendo, there are other challenges you face that are probably more urgent to solve… you need an appropriate computer, excellent audio interface, monitors, etc., etc., etc… there is so much more involved in getting the proper set up to get optimal results. Nuendo is a small part of the total investment IMO. But if you must have Nuendo, keep an eye out for sales and crossgrades. Steinberg is pretty good with crossgrades, especially from Cubase, so you can start with some Cubase version and work your way up over time, which amounts to the same idea almost of paying as you go to get the end product you want over the years. And while you’re at it, you’ll find that Cubase, for example, is more than adequate for serious work, yes, even in many levels of film work. Nuendo is obviously more geared for it, but just ask yourself what people were using 5-10-15 years ago (or more!) and yet those films and productions sounded incredible. Today’s version of Cubase is lightyears beyond what they had that long ago, and yes, all the bells and whistles of today’s Nuendo are great, and might save time in certain workflows, but you can still make a masterpiece with something far more simple. Good luck and cheers!

4 Likes

Get yourself a credit card that allows monthly payments without interest. Sweetwater has one, and so does everyone else.

1 Like

PayPal Credit is another means of no interest financing from 6 to 24 months.

1 Like