PC configuration for intensive libraries use

Hi all,
After a lot of research, I’ve finally managed to configure my next computer setup for intensive libraries use in composing music for film. I use Nuendo 10, RME Fireface 800 and a one UAD Satellite 8core Thunderbolt.

I copy here the selected components, to get your feedback and possible suggestions.

• Mobo: Asus Prime x299 II Deluxe LGA2066 (Intel® Core™ X-Series) ATX, 6xPCIe, 8xSATA, 3xM.2 SSD, 2xThunderbolt 3, Dual gigabit LAN, DDR4 RAM (Max 256Gb)

• Processor: i9-10980xe (18 cores, 4,6 GHz Turbo, 24,75 Mb L3)

• Water cooling CPU system (any suggestion?)

• RAM: 256 Gb (8x32Gb) Corsair, 2666.

• GPU: Radeon Pro WX 7100, 8Gb

• HD system: SSD NVMe 512 Gb

• HD libraries: 2x SSD NVMe 4 Tb

• HD projects: SSD SATA 4Tb

• Case: Be quiet! Silent base 801

• PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 (1000w)

Any suggestion? Anything you would change?
Thanks

put SSD into RAID 10, this is the best thing you can do for the performance.
For music production your build is far ahead of any needs.

I think Raid 10 specifically is simply Raid 1 and Raid 2 together, which would require four drives, no? It’s basically two striped sets of two that are mirrored.

If you’re thinking only of striped then there needs to be a backup drive for that.

And I suppose in general there should be a backup system as well for such a big build. Perhaps Francis accounted for it already… (?)

yeah, you are right, RAID 0, not 10

Thanks keto 88 for the advice on RAID 0. Yes, I planned to configure this way both SSD drives.

I know that the system is far ahead of any need, but I’ve planned to do mixes in Dolby Atmos and Ambisonic, and work with VR systems and 360 videos, using DearVR software, what surely will consume a lot of resources.

MattiasNYC, regarding the backup, yes, I have a WD MyCloud system to backup my whole system. Apart form this, I use an external USB3 HD to make incremental backups of every project I work on, plus an external hot swap HD case to make the final backup after finishing each project.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll tell you how everything goes after testing it.