PC crashes

Hi,
we have a Yamaha 01V96 V2 connected with a MOTU 896 MK3 to Cubase 5.5. The PC is a new one, with a i7-2600K and 4GB RAM. We bought it 2 weeks ago… But now we have following problem: The PC crashes (it doesn’t react anymore and you cannot click anything) and gives a high sinus tone on all output channels constantly… Sometimes it happens without anyone touching anything and without playback and somtimes during playback. We have to shut down the PC on the power switch. The last thing we installed was Jbridge, to make our 32 bit plugins compatible with cubase 64 bit… Maybe someone has had a similiar problem…

Thanks in advance for any support…

Hi; maybe a simple question, but did the pc run all your other programs and Cubase (64 bit, I assume) before you installed jbridge? ( I ask because you mentioned “doesn’t react anymore”) What OS is installed? Always best to start from the beginning. :bulb: You might want to check your signal path in Cubase-almost sounds like you’ve created a “loop” in the audio chain somewhere along the way causing feedback.
Might want to post your machine specs and other data to your profile to us help you faster :slight_smile: