PC , Performance . Holy &%%$&

I opened a project from 10.5.20 which was near capacity on the performance peak meter and with all the same plugin’s same buffer setting the performance on my system has improved dramatically , so much so the peak meter only goes half way now . Ive checked and double checked and all setting at the same . Surely there must be something ive missed or have i … :smiley:

Really?

Bit sceptical, but if C11 really is better with internal and 3rd party VST well as overall ASIO performance in relation to CPU cores then…

mmm… half way on Asio meter reading sounds too radical !!
try with other projects maybe its something to do with this specific project ?? (if all settings are really the same with C10.5)
some other users report about the same performance more or less with C10.5 on their systems.
hopefully C11 is better and optimized for better performance in general )))

Nope , it’s a full quarter section of the meter with this project , everything is the same as in C10.5.20 . It’s running beautifully on my system

Nope , it’s a full quarter section of the meter with this project , everything is the same as in C10.5.20 . It’s running beautifully on my system

:wink: Great then

Dunno, that seems like a specific case. Have a project that’s choking becase of VST performance overloads on Cubase 10, bought Cubase 11 — still choking :slight_smile:

Double post

Are the ASIO guard settings/performance settinge exactly set the same in comparison versions?

I suspect it could be Cubase 11 playing better with a specific plugin?

Turning asio guard on would have that effect

I think your right because the Asio guard is exactly thew same

are you sure you’re on the same ‘input monitor’ track when you compare

I got a 5% better performance in a not so scientific test. As long as the performance isn’t going down, I’m happy.

On the Cubase “New in 11” page (under “More new features”, where you scroll features horisontally), the following is stated:

Performance Optimzed:
We have further optimized Cubase 11 for large multi-track recording projects with heavy real-time processing on systems with more than eight cores.

So they did something for systems with more than 8 cores. But it doesn’t say anything about systems with less than 8 cores.