PC shuts down instead of sleeping with Dorico/Nuendo

I mean I have Dorico and/or Nuendo running, I’m doing work, then at the end of the day I put the computer to sleep (Windows menu/Power/Sleep) with the one or both apps passively open with documents/project, Windows will try to sleep but seemingly fail and then shut down. Just normal computer work, like leaving a Word document open when you hit sleep.

[quote=“dspreadbury, post:2, topic:702355”]
Dorico and Nuendo will actively prevent the computer from sleeping if they are running[/quote]

Did you say that right? You have to quit Dorico and Nuendo before sleeping the computer? Or did you mean to say the opposite? On Mac OS I could leave Dorico/Nuendo running and the OS would happily sleep, as it normally does with any other app left running (Firefox, etc).

If you did say that correctly then I’m surprised you aren’t allowed to sleep with these applications open, but glad to know that’s what’s going on.

Edit: Oh ho! I did tons of searching before posting, but now armed with some different terms I found the following

Yeah I’m trying to actively let the computer sleep with open applications. Also these are the Focuswrite Pro line so top drawer drivers, or they should be.