Pedal start cubase wt motu micro express...MMC

I cannot get this to work…
simply starting Cubase with a footswitch connected to the Motu Micro Express via MMC…NO timecode sync in any direction required…

-set Pedal in clockworks (motu midi software) to “start”(should be MMC start[Fa])
-set Cubase to MMC slave in Sync settings…ID 19 (Micro Express ID),adjusted Midi IP/OP port

not working…i tried to switch off the sysex filter…still not working…
Micro Express is working fine for recording midi notes on tracks etc…
tried different ID settings etc…
tried any kind of software routing in clockworks

I have even sent out the MMC start out of one Motu micro express port,
connected it with a cable into another Midi IF (i can see the Midi light flashing when i hit the pedal),
then i set the Cubase midi IP port for MMC slave to this other MIDI IF…still not working

I cannot even see Midi activity in Cubase…only on the Midi IFs…

Anyone here with a Motu micro Express and a Pedal who could check this out?

thanx,

Nik

could anybody please check if cubase reacts to MMC start at all?

I can start ableton live with the same setup without any problems…

the Problem seems to be on Steinbergs site,not on the MOTU…

thanx,

Nik

I use it all the time from my Tascam DM3200, which uses the Mackie Control protocol to and from Cubase. So the problem is not in Cubase, I’m afraid (and glad! :slight_smile:

thanx for checking!
Not sure if that is exactly the same (Mackie Control protocol and MMC start…)
Can´t be the motu either,cause Ableton starts immediately…
Something i did wrong with my settings?
Easy to setup normally…
Anybody here with a Motu Micro Express who could check this for me?

I have even tried to set the MMC ID to +1/-1…18 and 20 in this case…i read this in another thread,that
sometimes the MMC IDs have to be set plus or minus 1(can´t remember exactly) for some machines…

No that’s right, it isn’t. But MMC is a standard MIDI subset, which in my case is incorporated in the Mackie control protocol (which in turn gives operation for other mixer functions). Don’t know about MMC ID +1 or -1, sorry.