[Pelznickel] - workspaces that work!

Dear SB and Santa Claus,

Could you stick something in my shoe? I’ve been a good boy all year and even this morning managed not to toss my iMac with Nuendo out of the freaking window!
The bane of my life (and the feature that Santa’s helpers should put in the sack, hit with twigs and bring back to Spain) is Workspaces.
It doesn’t matter what I do, whenever I restore a workspace, Nuendo insists on either not putting the item back at all (the mixer), or bunches them together on a 2nd monitor (I guess I should be thankful it at least gets the monitor right).
Every session (and I’m doing lots of them at the moment) now involves the same ritual of first manually moving back all the windows to their right location, with the right dimensions and settings.
It’s like being stuck in the same day (like the film Groundhog Day) where I end up doing the same thing, over and over again…the only thing that changes is the session (and occasionally, my underpants).

Please don’t let me wait until the next major Nuendo update?

Cheers!

Ho-Ho-Ho-Ho :stuck_out_tongue: Santa doesn’t like little boys complaining :wink:

That said, I do not have any of the issues you are mentioning, but I am on W7. The only thing is still ( and always was ) confusing to me is that bloody mixer.
I thought it’s settings are stored with the workspace , but recently in this very forum it was explained to me that is not so. It leaves with a single particular project in which it originates.
If I open a Nuendo project I’ve done at another studio the mixer in my current session is all over the place. Even though I can set up my stored and desired workspace arrangement for everything else, but the mixer.
I don’t know if I describe this clearly…sorry.

I’d love to know how, and if I can store mixer presets, like channels shown, plugin slot numbers, etc…independently of the project’s original mixer configuration :confused:
I find it particularly annoying if I import from a pre N6 version, where the mixer was totally different.

Merry Christmas,

Welcome to my world.

I’m not having exactly the same issues as you, but maddening inconsistencies in workspace behavior continue through the latest version, I’ve started a new thread in regards to asking for workspaces to perform as expected since v6.5 came out.

Consider this a bump.

Chewy

I’m having the exact same problem as you Jorisdeman. It’s maddening. I turned off spaces because it made working within Nuendo even worse with two monitors.

This issue is one of the reasons why I went back to NU 5.5.6 and refrained from updating NU 6 to 7. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s hard to believe that the mixer, which obviously is a source of constant displeasure, has been left in this annoying status for several years now. … turned me from a former Nuendo “evangelist” to a sceptic.

I don’t use Workspaces at all. I seriously tried several times, like when new versions came out. Ended in frustration and lost time.

Workspace problems here, too. It would be really nice from Santa to bring working Workspaces.

Meanwhile, Cubase arrived at version 9 today…