Percussion 5-line-staff and grid view simultaneous

Is there a way to have one instrument view in grid view and another in 5-line-staff (i.e. percussion setup of one player in grid. and a drum set in 5line staff) ?

Yes. Look how the options are proposed in Layout options> Players> Percussions. Each different percussion player has is own set of options. For every layout he/she is in!

1 Like

Thanks a lot marc!

Is there a way to combine grid and 5-line-notation within 1 player? E.g. 5-lines for woodblocks and grid for other percussion instruments?

You can use two different kits. In Layout options >Players >Percussion, you set 5-line-staff for one kit and grid for the other.

2 Likes

I am aware of the layout options, but there all preferences are related to players; I meant 2 different staves within the same part/the same player - a 5-line staff and a grid-staff superimposed. Is that possible? Or should I create another player? (percussionists often adjust their parts anyway according to their needs).

One player can hold two kits, or more, so I don’t understand the problem…
[Edit] I’ve tried it and yes, there’s a problem, if one player holds both kits, the Layout option applies to both kits. So you need to use two players, and tick them both into the Percussion Layout.

2 Likes

Thank you for your great support!

1 Like