Percussion: grid legend

I have one percussionist playing Glockenspiel that transitions to a kit shown as a grid.
Is it possible to show grid legend to the left of the stave? I have trouble making it happen when the grid appears in the middle of the piece. I have to resort to text labels, but they, in turn, collide with instrument change text (that I would like to get rid of, too). It makes my spacing very wide, too.

No, I’m afraid you can’t show the percussion legend to the left of the staff: but you can indent the staff manually using the Note Spacing tool in Engrave mode, and then drag the percussion legend into the gap you make for it, perhaps.

Great, thanks!

When I change properties of the percussion legend text I need to do it a couple of times, because it reverts to the previous style after exiting the text popup. I wonder if I am doing something wrong or is it a known bug. (changing text alignment took 5 tries)

Daniel’s suggestion works perfectly! I have found that the text style has to be defined before placing (or enabling in this case) the text. I’m not sure if it will update existing legend text.