Percussion notation rests

Hello there,
I’ve been having this problem for a while, but it’s only recently that it’s been starting to bother me.
The percussion-kit 5-line staff notation seems to work very differently in dorico than the ‘normal’ staff notation and I’m specifically talking about note lengths and rests in a second voice.
Here is an example I ran into just now:

In the 5/4 bar on the 2nd eight note there should be a rest. Making the beat-division instantly clear. However, this 8th-note rest simply doesn’t show up.
I could create a workaround with rest-shaped noteheads and hiding the stems, but there feels like there should be an easier option.
Is this a familiar problem, and is it being adressed? Or am I just missing a setting somewhere that would fix my problem?
I’m also still on Dorico Pro 3.5 because I’m still working on a project, will upgrading to Dorico 4 fix this issue?
Thank you very much in advance!

I’m not quite sure why the rest doesn’t appear in that case already, Martin. Could you attach a minimal project that reproduces the issue? Just a few bars of just the drum set should be sufficient.

For what it’s worth, there are a lot of improvements related to rests in percussion kits in Dorico 4, so it’s certainly worth trying out the update now (a 30-day trial version is available for download).