Percussion play back of tremolos

I have a solo snare drum exercise that uses the tremolo to indicate diddles (a double of 1 hand in the correct rhythmic pattern). I cannot seem to get the these tremolos to play back, and I am not 100% sure what I am doing wrong.

Most recently I am trying to add a playing technique for single slash tremolo under the percussion playing techniques, but I cannot see exactly what I am supposed to choose.

Here is the example I am working on:
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 10.25.57 AM.png
Robby

Try altering the tremolo timing in Playback options (minimum number of strokes, and fraction of quarter note). Also slow down the tempo and you’ll get better results with tremolo.

I just that, and I got no change. Playback options seems to deal with unmeasured tremolos. These are precise, measured/metered tremolos.

Robby

I’ll need to check with Paul, but I have a feeling that we aren’t currently playing what we term the “intrinsic” playback effect (i.e. a playback effect that we carry out via changing the notes we play, rather than by using a keyswitch or controller to access another sound) for tremolo on unpitched percussion.

Gotcha! Thanks Daniel!

Robby