Percussion Section (One Instrument needing to be distributed to two players) Best way to Handle this.

Hello,

Re: Percussion Section (One Instrument needing to be distributed to two players) Best way to Handle this?

I am trying to figure out the best method for my percussion section and the distribution of instruments and the way I can save space on my full score.

Right now, I have my bass Drum player also playing the slap stick, however there is one occasion in my score where I will need to ask my cymbal player to take over the slap stick as my bass Drum player happens to also be playing at that same time.

My question is;

What would be the best method to deal with this situation? Right now, I am enjoy the feature where you assign a player a multiple instruments by sliding the card into their part, however, how should I mange the SLAP STICK instrumental part when I will need to have this appear in both the Bass drum part as well as the Cymbal players part.

Should I duplicate the slap stick part and then slide one card into the Bass Drum player and then the other card into the Cymbal player so both players can see that they ned to share this instrument or is there a better solution I am over looking?

I am really enjoying this new percussion aspect of Dorico. One year ago the percussion features were no where near advanced as it is today. Dorico is defiantly moving in leaps and bounds! I am wanting to be sure I am maximizing its sophistication.

Amanda

I think you have answered your own question.
(No need to ask twice.)

Sorry I did not mean to send this twice.

You can’t share a single instrument between two players, so the pragmatic way to approach this is simply to give a slap stick instrument to both players, and then pretend that it’s the same one, like it will be in real life :slight_smile:

Thank you Daniel for clarifying. Much appreciated.