I’ve discovered a bug regarding the text function with percussion staves. These are the steps that I took:
- Created a one-line percussion kit
- Created text, let’s say “text step 2”
- Overwrote the text, let’s say “text step 3”
- Overwrote the text, let’s say “text step 4”
After step 2, “text step 2” is fine. However, after step 3, “text step 2” displays. When I go back to edit it, text displayed to edit reverts to “text step 3”. After actually overwriting in step 4, exiting edit changes text displayed to “text step 3”. Going back to edit it, text displayed to edit reverts to “text step 4”. etc. etc.
This has shown to happen in both notehead-linked text and rest-linked text in the stave.
This corrects itself if the position is changed from “below” to “above” or vice versa after final edit is made.
This does not happen in text in regular staves.
Let me know if you have issues replicating, i’ll see if i can get you more datapoints and/or i can recreate it in video and share with you. Current version of Dorico, MacOS High Sierra.