PERFORMANCE ISSUE (ASIO ON 100% WHILE CPU 7-10%)

Howdy everyone at Steinberg.

Will be that possible, to add better support for new multicores CPUs? I have Cubase 9 and 10 pro too, and there is absolutelly NO DIFFERENCE in CPU cores handling after upgrade to Cubase10 pro. Asio performance still shows 100% on few plugins, while CPU is 7-10%. I did lots of tests a nothing changed from version 9, 9,5 up to version 10. (on my i9 9700X CPU). I mean really NOTHING changed. I know very well that CPU performance is NOT Asio Performance … I am only saying that these two things are prettymuch relevant. I am sure, there is undiscovered potencial of using multiCPU cores - while CPUs being ideling under 100% performace of ASIO.

Btw… there are ways to save the ASIO performance, you only have to move the plugins to another (new) bus, or channel and another CPU cores starts work a taking the ideled power. So that shows that ASIOpeformance is much better with some logicall changes. Strong optimalisation is really needed, in my opinion. Am I wrong?

Hi wwwFINKcz. Maybe you could post your findings on this thread, where we are discussing the new multi-core optimizations introduced with Cubase 10:

I’m sure it could be really useful, as what you described is pretty similar to what I’m experiencing.