Perpetual Freezing at Close or to Save [Solved]

Hi team–
So I’m pulling my hair out… I’ve been primarily using Dorico on my work computer however I bought an elicenser to bring it home for my days off. I keep getting a completely frozen program whenever I try to save or even to close out of a window and not save. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Dorico 2.1 using the download assistant and I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the elicenser program as this seemed to be a contributing factor. I was having trouble reinstalling D2 because “another program is using the elicenser app in the background” (or something similar). I’ve restarted my computer multiple times and done completely fresh installs… On a mac El Cap 10.11.6. No idea what to try now. Any suggestions?

This is the error I keep receiving (see attached) even though the only steinberg programs on my computer are D2 and the elicenser control (and download assistant).

This occurs after I have to force quit dorico when it freezes. The only way to get rid of it is to restart.
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 2.02.53 PM.png

Turns out: I had to uninstall the elicenser twice. The first time it suggested I keep certain files. The second time I opted to delete the special cache. This solved the problem. I then had to restart the computer and then reinstall the software, at which point dorico would run normally.