"Petaluma" listed multiple times in Edit Font Styles Dialog Box

Any idea why this has happened in my Edit Font Styles list?
The trash can on each one is greyed out, so I can’t delete them.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 10.43.03 AM

I guess you may have imported some items using the Library Manager from another project that uses the Petaluma font, and Dorico has incorrectly managed to duplicate one of the required font styles rather than determine that the existing one can be reused. If you’d like to attach the project file here, I can attempt some surgery on it to excise the redundant font styles.

Same thing here !
Could you possibly explain how I can remove these.

Many Thanks

Unfortunately it’s not possible for you to remove them yourself: I would have to perform manual surgery on the project file.

These duplicates appear in all files. Is this a problem ?

It’s not a problem, it’s just annoying to have the duplicates. If you want to send me one or two of the files, perhaps we can write a fix-up step that de-duplicates the font styles when we load the projects, in a future version.

I’ve attached two files where the duplicates occur. The duplicates are:
Petaluma/Default Music Font and Chord Symbols Music Text Font.
Many Thanks
Abene - Ch. 10. Techniques of Melodic Reharmonization.dorico (1.4 MB)
Abene Ex.19-1 A ‘‘On A Misty Night’’ 6 Horns.dorico (1.6 MB)

Here are revised versions of your projects, with as many of the duplicate font styles as possible removed:

Abene - Ch. 10. Techniques of Melodic Reharmonization.dorico (1.0 MB)
Abene Ex.19-1 A ‘‘On A Misty Night’’ 6 Horns.dorico (1.2 MB)

Related to this, I have the same problem. See here:

But nowehere do I use chords, and thsis is not an imported project. Furthermore I have deleted every instance of text using MusGlyphs and I am not able to delete the duplicates.

I know this is an irritating question, but is this a bug? It does not seem right that I would have to send my file to you for surgery, even thought that is a generous offer.

Many Thanks !

I’ve opened the files , but the duplicates were still there. However, I could this time remove them
myself. The duplicates of the Chord Symbol Music Text occur whenever I make any adjustments
to the chord e.g. move the flat/sharp left or right. After creating a test file I created some chords and made some changes to them and the Chord Symbol Music Text was duplicated in the Font menu.

It could be a bug, but without seeing the project I couldn’t say for sure. Why not attach it here, or send it to me via a private message, and I can take a look?

You should find that all of the duplicates (of which there were between 20 and 30 for each of Chord Symbol Music Text Font, Default Music Font and Petaluma) are gone, but two or three of each remain, because they are not in fact duplicates: they have slightly different settings from each other (e.g. a different font chosen, or a different point size).

I cannot seem to delete the Font Style called “Petaluma”. Don’t want it, don’t know why it’s there, but shows up in virtually any new document I create.

The attached file is one I use as a template.
Dorico-UnwantedStyle.dorico (720.3 KB)

It must be in your user library. Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here.

I’ve got a question not directly related to this font issue but somehow…
Looking for the font “Cantabo-NewClassic”. It must be either from Encore or Toccata. Unfortunately I cannot find any reference to this. Can someone help please?

You know that only SMuFL fonts work in Dorico, don’t you? I doubt that font you’re talking about is a SMuFL font — that standard was created along with Dorico and its Bravura font.

Thanks Marc, no, I did not know and I also have no definition of that font. It somhow disappeared and I cannot find it back