Phonic Helix Board 18 MKII & Mac

I know this has probably been addressed but after 20 pages I couldn’t find any info so I’m asking, sorry if its redundant.
I just bought a used Phonic HB18 MKII mixer/interface based on Phonic’s webpage stating it is compatible with any Mac with Native Firewire support. All other devices that are so configured have worked with the Mac but the Phonic isn’t being recognized. Has anybody figured out a solution? I’m using Essential 5, OS X 10.5.8. If I can’t get it figured out this thing is going back on eBay & I’ll be trying to find an FP10 (the driver for which I already have installed)

I too have the same problem, but after doing some searches on their website, I found out that driver support for Mountain Lion has been ceased, sadly…

Hey there…

I had the same problem aswel … With the Phonic Helixboard 24 Universal…

And it seems like i have found an answer that worked for me…

so reason why i bought this device is because due to previous experiences with it… i connected the firewire, mac reconised it, worked like a charm…
however this is the “universal” model, with both USB 2.0 AND firewire… and i’ve been stupid enough to do the latest upgrade (High sierra)… (Seriously… to all mac users NEVER-EVER-EVVEEERR Randomly upgrade your OSX) …

Looked on the phonic website for drivers… and the only recent drivers and firmware update you can find is all .exe… not very helpfull.

THIS IS WHAT SEEMED TO WORK (in my case)

Because i was getting into a recording session… i burrowed a random 2 track interface (it happened to be a presonus)… I installed the driver, connected the thing… mac found it… all very normal… I also installed the “universal contral” software for that particular interface… And all of a sudden… it found the Helixboard 24 u (For a quick check … press “ALT” and left mouse button on the speaker pictogram in the right upper corner of your desktop, over there it said HB 24 U) … and my my DAW software (i use Reaper) also recognized it , as it should…

now when i came home later… i tried the same setup , tho i didnt have the presonus interface… i did have a Tascam US-122L (which unfortunatly also has no updated drivers for mac…)

however as soon as i staerted up the mac, with the HB 24 U connected, aswel as the Tascam US-122L , and ran the presonus controle software… it seemed to work…

studio-voodoo… ^^

I’m actually backing up all important stuff, and bringin my iMac to the MAc-store for a downgrade… since a lot of plugins also are giving me poop atm (don’t know what i was thinking)…

so… if that makes any difference i will let the world know…

i hope this info is any help to anyone…

cheers…