Pianist with Extra Instrument - Staves Linked

Hello!

I’m working with a 1.2 file in 2.0, and encountering an impasse: I have a pianist with an extra instrument that that plays concurrently with the piano stave music on its own staff. In the previous version, in engrave mode → Staff Spacing, I could move the additional instrument stave independently (required) but now it is linked with the first staff of the piano, both stave boxes highlight and I cannot move either independently.

Is this a bug, or am I missing some staff-based setting (I’ll kick myself, as I looked through all of them twice!)?

Thanks,

Erik::

in v1 you probably added another player? but in v2 used the new feature of adding an additional stave (where you would want 3 staves) and they would be linked.

Thanks, Arco - but no, I can start a new file, make piano the primary instrument then ADD another instrument, and even there it is intrinsically linked to first piano staff. I do like the new additional staves and appearing and disappearing staves.

I certainly can’t reproduce this problem. Can you describe in a bit more detail what you’re trying to do? Perhaps you could attach a screenshot showing what handle(s) you’re selecting in Engrave mode and describe what keys and/or mouse operations you’re using.

Surely, Daniel, and I’ll start by saying I’m using the windows version. I’ve also attached a tiny file that evidences the problem (which was created from scratch in Dorico 2)

To be clear, when I left click (no keys) on the Gong, the first piano stave highlights. If I click the first piano stave, the Gong also highlights and is linked. I am using no special keystrokes, and no amount of ctrl/shift/alt clicking will resolve the problem.

Any number of instruments I add using the ‘+’ button in setup will also be linked in the same manner. I’m shocked you cannot reproduce - and darn curious about how to make it not happen!

Thanks so much,

Erik::

Linked Staves.zip (252 KB)

Aha, I see what you mean now. Thank you for reporting this: it’s a bug, and I’ll make sure it gets fixed as soon as possible.