Pinch to Zoom with a touchpad

Please add pinch-to-zoom when using a touchpad. The default behavior would be horizontal zoom in/out. And it would zoom vertically with a modifier key held at the same time, such as Alt.

Ableton Live 10.1 just implemented this, and it makes it very fast and intuitive to manipulate the zoom level when using a touchpad.

2 Likes

+10000

1 Like

I remember a user coming up with a workaround to this. There are programs with which you can customize gesture controls. He used it like this:

1 Like

+1

Please add this and you can convert lot of logic users to cubase

+1

+1

+100000

+10000000000000000

+1
Would love to have this natively. Until then there is BetterTouchTool for Mac
https://folivora.ai

I added G and H triple times to have a decent speed pinch zoom in out and it works fine.

Hi,

few days ago I saw a template from a guy for better touch tool for Dorico, but can’t find anymore. Did anyone see it too and provide the link here?

Best Regards
Hubert

I can´t understand that there´s still no native support for it. I use SO1, Ableton & Bitwig as well, all of them have this this feature, most of them for years already :s

+10000

Even UA’s new daw Luna got it in the latest update and it’s only been around for a couple of months. :unamused:

Yep please add it!

1 Like

This is a must!

1 Like

I use better touch tool on Mac… but it could definitely be a native functionality.

1 Like

Ahhh. That works good? I’ll check it

Yes it works and you can add many other shortcuts. Like tapping bottom left open the mixer etc.

Yes! We all need it! It is very important for my workflow… Please Steinberg do it ^^

+1 please add this

1 Like

…….pinch to zoom is needed

1 Like