PING IS STILL NOT FIXED!!!

This is sooo annoying!

Adding new plugins and instruments in every version, but not fixing such an essential function is a really questionable philosophy…

Weird that its working for some people and not others. it’s working for me.

It’s not weird at all, only certain interfaces will be impacted. So if it works for your interface, it will always work. And if it doesn’t, it will likely never work. See Method1’s post:

This issue goes back at least 10 years if not more.

The issue is that cubase cannot see the “negative” delays reported by some audio drivers unlike most every other DAW out there.

Because of this the ping / get user delay will report 0ms.
It’s been brought up over and over and basically been flatly ignored by Steinberg.

I’ve got a Fireface 800 and run into this issue. It always reports 0ms. In Reaper, Reainsert shows something like 397 samples being compensated for (which is also being compensated for in Cubase), but after pinging Reaper says “oh, I gotta add an additional offset by -2 samples.” Whereas Cubase doesn’t appear to go into negative territories. If your hardware setup wouldn’t result in negative offsets, then ping would work as expected.

Now, if I change the buffer setting and/or sample rate, that delay offset may also change. That would explain why on some setups, it works some of the time.