Pitch Automation Lane similar to Ableton

Dear Steinberg,

Could you please add pitch automation lane similar to Ableton for tracks. It will make easy and fast for pitch automation.

Cheers,
Jay

I registered first and foremost to ask for this. Don’t get me wrong, Cubase has got many great features, but something as basic as having an automation for pitch is missing in 2020? (The envelope doesnt really do it for me, it gives me no direct control of the timing of the pitch in relation to other audio-tracks!).

This is included in free softwares even, how can this be? :confused:

Is possible to automate via sampler track by using the coarse. You can also automate Pitch shift via Off line processing… But I am agreed about to improve the pitch shift tools… for a more precise automation.

It would be nice also to be able to increase and decrease pitch to 48 semitones… I feel Cubase a bit limited in to this really basic tools.

Is possible to automate via sampler track by using the coarse. You can also automate Pitch shift via Off line processing… But I am agreed about to improve the pitch shift tools… for a more precise automation.

Yes, I totally agree, however, if you want to pitch a specific part you feel like you’re almost satisfied with, with processing etc, and just want to try the pitch out you’ll need to render out the section by itself, load it to the sampler, adjust the correct timing (again) and from there you can begin to TRY it out. If you’re not satisfied, or want to make any changes to other effects you applied earlier;

start over from the beginning.
It’s just a huge workaround for such a simple task.

Yea it can be done but look at the ease of pitch automation in Ableton.its fast. I miss that feature a lot.

well… me too

you can do that relatively easy

Hey mate, i dont think this is easy. Not productive in my opinion but nice feature though :slight_smile:

1 Like

For audio? Why if you have variaudio? or is this for special effects?

Na, it is for automation for Pitch risers ,vocal effects, Basslines movement. I have got waves plugin but will be easier if pitch shift automation pops up just below the volume automation.