Placement of gradual tempo changes

It would be convenient with an option to place gradual tempo changes (e.g. rit. and accel.) in the middle of the grand staff.
This position seems to have been ubiquitous in the piano editions of the large publishers (including Breitkopf, Schott, Henle, Universal, Peters and Schirmer).
Of course, these tempo marks can be moved manually, but unfortunately, at the risk of colliding with other elements afterwards.

Best,
Boye

At present, these are probably easiest to add as SHIFT-X text below the top staff of the grand staff.

You are probably right, Derrek. I have set up a new paragraph style called “Gradual tempo change” (11 pt italics). However, SHIFT-X text put below the top staff is apparently prone to collide with other items. This is easily corrected manually, of course. For now, I think I will stick to your solution.

Best,
Boye

Hi Boye.
Here’s a potential workaround, though I accept that it won’t affect playback:
rall workaround.gif

Yes. I have already tried that workaround, although I missed the part with the “Muted” parameter. Thanks for leading my attention to it!
This solution doesn’t collide with other items and is also useful when using such mixed tempo/dynamics instructions as “rit. e dim.” and so on.
(Proper playback of these marks isn’t that important in my world.)
I have also experimented with a macro in Keyboard Maestro. It doesn’t work reliably, though.

Best,
Boye