Placing tempo markings on multiple staves

I’ve seen references to this issue in other posts but I’m not aware of finding a satisfactory solution.

When writing for piano duet, it’s usual to include some of the crucial performance markings above both stave groups i.e. for each pianist. Most performance markings are not an issue, as they are allocated to notes. However, tempo indications only appear above the top stave. I saw a reference to a setting in Engrave Options but I can’t find it. Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Thanks, in advance.

You can only do this for Sections i.e. Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion, etc. But Electronics is a category here which an Electric Piano falls under. So, you could set Keyboards and Electronics and use an Electric Piano as the second Piano. It’s under Layout Options > Staves and Systems > System Objects. Otherwise, you would have to manually set one with System text.

Thank you, Craig. That’s really helpful. It’s unfortunate that there’s not more flexibility in this respect for placing System Objects – also to do so selectively, as not all such objects need to be shown on both staves. Hiding one hides both.

2 Likes