Play from Cursor

There is one particular action that I can’t find in Wavelab 8.

That is “Play from Cursor.”

In Wavelab 7, I had “Play from Cursor” set to F8 (can’t remember if that was default.)

In Wavelab 8, F8 is “Play until Anchor.” I don’t see “Play from Cursor” in any of the customize command locations.

At first, I thought I could use F7 “Play from Anchor” but this does not produce the results I want.

For example, in Wavelab 7, I “Play from Cursor” and then “Spacebar Stop,” and then “Spacebar Play.” File plays from where I stopped it.

In Wavelab 8, I “Play from Anchor” and then “Spacebar Stop” and then “Spacebar Play.” File plays from where I “Played from Anchor.”

For ‘Play from Cursor’ you could simply use the numeric keypad ‘Enter’ key. This does the same as F8 did in WL7.

Thanks, Stingray.

Is there any way to customize this command? My Happy Hacking keyboard lacks a numeric keypad.

Make sure to read the documentation about the transport bar. There are many possibilites.

Oh, I have been. Over and over. I’m finding it fairly unintuitive (at least to my brain). I think I’ll need to watch videos of people utilizing all the transport features in order to understand how they can be useful to me. In the meantime, I just need what I described above.

F7 is “start from anchor”, just set the cursor to be the anchor, which is the default when there is no selected specific anchor.

PG, see above.

In Wavelab 8, I “Play from Anchor” and then “Spacebar Stop” and then “Spacebar Play.” File plays from where I “Played from Anchor.”

Maybe the option “on stop, move cursor back to playback start” is activated?

It is not. If it were, it would also move to playback start when I “spacebar play,” “spacebar stop,” “spacebar play.” But I’ll check now just in case I’m wrong.

Nope. “On stop, move cursor back to playback start” is not activated.

I will check it when i am back to office.

Thanks to Stingray’s suggestion of using “Num Enter” (a key which my Happy Hacking keyboard does not have,) I came up with the following (inelegant but workable) solution.

1. I borrowed a friend’s keyboard that had a number pad. I confirmed that “Num Enter” does what I want it to do .

2. I used the borrowed keyboard to map “Num Enter” to my desired button on my Logitech G13 Gameboard.

3. I removed the borrowed keyboard.

Problem solved.

Btw, I purchased the Logitech G13 specifically for use with Wavelab 7 when I discovered not all keys are customizable (in WL7 or 8). The G13 Gameboard lets me keep my left hand in one location without ever having to move my palm. Saves tons of time and arm movement.