Play from slurred triplet

Tiny anomaly…

If I select a note that is part of a triplet with a slur then the slur is also selected. If I click ‘P’ to play back I only get the single player because of that slur.

Same here. For the life of me, I couldn’t understand why clicking “P” would solo a particular player, but thanks to your post, I now realize why.

If you select multiple notes, then ‘P’ (usefully) solos the player. Dorico seems to be interpreting the slur as selection of multiple notes.

Yes, it’s a great feature to be able to select certain players and have “P” play only their parts. I think you’re right that it is interpreting the slur and note as a multiple selection.

This behavior may be intentional - Accidentally auditioning individual players - #2 by Stephen_Taylor - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Ok, so it’s a selection problem. I find selection (particularly notes within chords) often frustrating, requiring massive zoom.

Me too. This helps: just tap up or down arrow. It’ll select the multi-selection.

Did you see Paul’s advice?:

I suggest alt-shift click when the first click does not select what you want. Very efficient and fast solution!