Play on 2 (or more) midi channels at once

I have my keyboard controller split to send midi on channel 1 for left hand, and channel 2 for right hand. I have Cubasis set to “listen” for channel 1 on track 1 and channel 2 on track 2. But Cubasis only will play one or the other. I have to touch the track to, I guess you could say, activate it to hear it.

I’m wanting to use 2 different Micrologue sounds at the same time - like bass on left and keys on right - for live playing (not recording). Where am I going wrong?

Hi Timmybro1,

I’m wanting to use 2 different Micrologue sounds at the same time - like bass on left and keys on right - for live >playing (not recording).

It’s possible. I tested it with Motif ES8 and 4 different Keyboard Zones.

Keyboard Zone 1 send on midi channel 1 recieve on cubasis midi track 1 assigned to midi input Channel 1
Keyboard Zone 2 send on midi channel 2 recieve on cubasis midi track 2 assigned to midi input Channel 2
Keyboard Zone 3 send on midi channel 3 recieve on cubasis midi track 3 assigned to midi input Channel 3
Keyboard Zone 4 send on midi channel 4 recieve on cubasis midi track 4 assigned to midi input Channel 4

Please download Midi-OX Windows Software and monitoring the midi events from your controller.
You can see there, if your different keyboard range / Zones send on different midi channels.

In my tests it doesn’t work, until I check the different midi channel sending from my keyboard,
because my keyboard settings were wrong before. After some tweaks on my keyboard settings, it works
as expected and we had fun to play and recording Microlougue on midi track 1 as bass and pads
on midi track 2 simultaneously.

thank you for the input !

best jan