"play" tool in the audio editor window doesn't play sound?

Hello,

I’ve worked with cubase studio quite a while and I upgraded to cubase (full) because they wouldn’t let me upgrade to cubase artist 6 from my cubase studio installation.

However I also got the routing and seapparate busses for internal features functionality with it, at least thats what I think is the problem.

When I doubleclick on an audiotrack to see the audio preview, you can choose a “play” tool in the list of tool items in the left upper counter of the sound window.

However when I try to preview the soundclip from the location I click on with that play tool no sound plays. Do you have to assign outputs for this ?

thx

Have you inadvertently enabled the control room?

Is the main output in output connections set the the “Main Mix” ?

lol , thanks: that was it. I don’t even think I will ever use that control room anyway.

i will check this because i just installed 11 LE and it plays the audio file but no sound through my soundcard. new computer too, ASUS Rogue Strix AMD 5900 HX. soundcard is the Nvidia HD Audio and Realtek Audio sound card. I used the low latency audio driver setup in Steinberg but do not know if that is the one to use. also dont know how to change it to the other one.
computer plays the audio files fine through the player. Windows 10 Home.