Playback and/or Device setup

I have dorico 2 elements. I’m in love with the program. It’s really something special. I think a lot of guys who are probably getting into dorico first are steinberg fans and long time customers who know your standard. First, anyway. I learned from cubase on floppy’s. So the setup procedure with ASIO being kind of universal, and based off of steinberg’s model. With that not being in Dorico it feels funny. I know there are buggy boo plugins out there to avoid… but, wouldn’t the same routine be run to set up your vst’s in Dorico as Cubase? Couldn’t it? So we can assign a plug in folder and see our blacklisted whitelisted plugins after they’re scanned? At the moment, I’m going crazy not sure if the folder I’m trying to white list plugins in, is a folder that’s even scanned…? So, is Dorico getting it’s plugin info from Cubase or the regular cubase vst setup routine…? or is dorico able to have such a thing? I know it’s about notation, but it seems the playback engine is going to be the new space race on notation. Hope that makes sense. I did a search, and I saw the white list thread, but I didn’t see one dealing with scanned folders and assigning a vst folder specifically. thank you
I think Dorico will be the new Par. AND don’t stop making an elements/student accessible version. at 100 bucks I can get my private students to pick it up. thx for the extremely well thought out tools

Thanks for your feedback about Dorico Elements. I’m really glad you’re getting on with it so far!

Neither Dorico Pro nor Dorico Elements provides the same options that Cubase does for VST plug-in search paths, though we certainly haven’t ruled out adding this UI in the future. I don’t believe the audio engine reads the locations you may have defined in your Cubase preferences directly, but it does check the usual places you would expect it to check. If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, you can see which paths it’s searching in by looking at the file called Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths VSTAudioEngine2.xml inside %APPDATA%\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_x64 (I hope I’ve got that path right – I’m a Mac person so I don’t have access to a Windows machine to look up that path right now).

One X too much, it must be %APPDATA%\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64