Playback breaking up

I have a problem when I playback the work. The sounds start breaks up as more instruments are brought into play. This was a minor annoyance until I started using automation. Now it’s out of hand. I have the automation reduction set to 50%. This helps to avoid automation point clusters. That seem to help some, but not much. What I’ve noticed is my CPU is spiking when when that problem occurs. It appears that adding automation is causing stress on the system. My first thought is to double up on the system resources. That would require buying a new PC which could be get rather pricey. So before I so, I would like to get some recommendation as what could be causing my problems, and what will solve it. My fingers are crossed that this is not system related, but user related. Below is what I’m playing with. Any suggestions.

Processor: Intel i7 2.5GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
System type: 64 bit
Memory: SSD 1TB

Library: EW Hollywood … Diamond
External SSD 2 TB

Hi,

Increase your Audio Device Buffer Size, please.

This worked. You’ve saved me a bundle of cash, so the next time you’re in town the beers on me.

I did run into one obstacle, but it wasn’t a Cubase issue. I was using Creative Sound Blaster as an external audio interface. It would not allow me to change the buffers. That is I couldn’t find away to make the adjustments. So I moved over to the UR22 that I use as my keyboard interface. UR22 allowed me to adjust the device buffers. My CPU spikes dropped down considerably and issues with playback seem to have be resolved. Problem solved.

Martin, thank you again