Playback differs from notation

New to Dorico :slight_smile: … just installed the trial download.
I entered some notes. Three times a G. On a staff with one sharp (G maj.). I edited the middle note. I see now: G #G natural-G. But the notes sound like: G G G#. In Write Mode as well as in Play mode.
Bug, feature or misunderstanding?

Playback at this point is basically a sick joke. If you need accurate-ish playback, Dorico is not currently a suitable solution.

That’s probably a known bug which will be fixed in an upcoming update - see the long thread on Goldberg Variations II where I had something similar.

I disagree that the playback is a joke, by the way, though there is still much work left to be done.

That seems unnecessarily strongly worded to me. I’m sorry that you don’t find Dorico’s current playback features to be up to the standard you require, but please remember that there is a small but dedicated team of human beings on the other end of this forum working exceptionally hard on the software to improve it in every area, including playback, as quickly as possible. I’m not sure you would like, say, the quality of your music to be assessed by somebody on the internet as a “sick joke”, so please extend the same courtesy to us. Thanks!

Teun, try selecting the notes and doing Edit > Reset Appearance to see if that helps show what’s really going on with the accidentals.

THIS!

Teun, try selecting the notes and doing Edit > Reset Appearance to see if that helps show what’s really going on with the accidentals.

Daniel thanks for your reply!
Reset Appearance does not change things.

It is easily reproduced:

• you write a note with a sign (sharp, flat whatever);
  • you alter it with [Alt+Down] or [Alt+up]
  • now the sign does not longer function. It is still there, on the screen, but the note right after it, is not altered any more. … following notes still are!

I think this is just a bug, for me, at the moment nothing serious.
(And I mention it, to help making Dorico a better product!)

Yes, this is a bug, and it will be fixed in the forthcoming 1.0.20 update. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.