Playback 'follow song'?

Hi,

I’m sure I am overlooking the obvious, but am unsure about how to activate “follow song” so the score scrolls so I am able to follow along with playback… I assume this is possible, but maybe its not yet?

Also, when in PLAY mode, I can’t see any “playhead” line at all? Is this something that can be switched on or off?

I have bought the full version as I am very glad to see this software released and am very enthusiastic about supporting such a creative and original effort. I am happy to live with limited functionality and cope with a steep learning curve but do hope that I can get up to speed with my own personal workflow quickly!

Sorry if these are dumb questions that have been answered elsewhere… I did a quick search of the forum and couldn’t see anything and the documentation still seems to be very much in the outline stage at present but apologies if the answer is already out there and I’ve missed it.

Cheers,

Dylan.

You’re not missing anything, I’m afraid Dorico is: you have to manually scroll the score during playback, and there is currently no playhead in Play mode. We am to improve both of these issues in our first post-release update, we hope.

Hi,

Thanks for the near instantaneous reply.

I appreciate that many things that we take for granted from mature audio software couldn’t practically make it to the first release. I am happy that I am investing my money in what I believe will be a truly great product.

I do look forward to many feature laden updates over the coming months however!

Cheers,

Dylan.