Playback function won't respond

Hi all, my playback has stopped working (in all projects). When I hit play, nothing happens. The playback cursor won’t move and I get no sound. I’ve tried looking it up but even the Dorico playback trouble shooting video doesn’t offer the right solution. Does anyone know how to fix this? [I work in Mac]

Sorry to hear this. If you go to Edit > Device Setup, does the expected device appear? Is the right device chosen, and the right pair of outputs? Check also that the sample rate is set correctly.

If none of these steps help, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, and we’ll take a look.

The Device Setup seems to be in order; Built-in, 44100, etc. I’ve included the report in here. Thank you very much for taking a look!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (630.9 KB)

Thanks for the data, @thomalicity .
Very weird case. There are no crash files but the audio engine log is suddenly breaking off as if it was suddenly quit by a crash or so.
Also, when you press play, the audio engine shows a lot of overload message, but I can’t tell why that is happening.
Is that happening with every project, even new ones? What if you create a project from piano template and enter some notes. Still same?

Edit: And I noticed that you are still on D3.5.10 but there is 3.5.12 available which you can grab from here though I don’t think that this will make a difference in your specific issue. But it is worth a try anyway…