Gentle Dorico community,
Suddenly my Dorico Pro 3.5 won’t playback. The green caret just doesn’t move.
Also, maybe relatedly, when I try to export audio, I get a tiny 80 byte file, and Logic tells me the file doesn’t even exist when I try to import it.
Any idea what gives? I’m using Noteperformer. I tried reloading the playback template, but that didn’t work.
Thanks for any help anyone has out there!
I should also say that I get no sound at all from Dorico right now. I checked device setup, and it seems fine.
It was all working fine last night until I tried exporting audio as individual players, and then everything went kaput.
Hi Mike, please load a project into Dorico and then do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. The corresponding zip file please post here. Thanks.
You could also try following: Go to ‘Edit > Device Setup’ and change to a different sample rate, wait 3 seconds and set it back to the previous. Does playback maybe work afterwards?
Thanks for your note. I tried changing the sample rate, but it crashed Dorico. It all went to the dread spinning ball. So I rebooted the computer, and it seems to be working fine now.
I did run a diagnostics first. If it would be helpful from a development aspect of figuring out the source of bugs, I can share it.
Hi Mike, yes please, provide me a diagnostics report.
As it seems, the audio engine did die in the background, therefore you could not play back any more or change the sample rate.
The diagnostics will contain crash files that are of interest for me.
I’m having this issue as well. Green caret doesn’t move.
It’s an XML file. To double check, I opened a file I worked on yesterday (which was working fine) and that won’t play either. Device setup is normal. Tried closing down and re-opening Dorico - nothing changed.
Hi @tsharli , please load a project that is supposed to play and then do Help > Create Diagnostics Report. The corresponding zip file please post here. Thanks
I don’t know what I did, but after closing and reopening Dorico and few times while troubleshooting other issues, this one magically went away!