Playback in Hacked Imac?

Hi Everyone,

I have an old Imac Desktop from 2011 that I recently had upgraded with an SSD and the Monterey OS, which normally doesn’t work on Macs that are this old.

The computer works great for simple stuff like web and writing, but I am also hoping to use it with Dorico 5.

Because the Mac is hacked, for some reason the Steinberg installer app doesn’t work, so I downloaded all the files separately yesterday.

When I open Dorico I get the “An essential component used by Dorico for playback has not been found. This component is installed by the Dorico application installer. Please quit Dorico, run the Steinberg Download Assistant, and reinstall the Dorico application installer.”

If I open the Bach Fugue No 16, it plays, but there’s no sound coming from the Halcion Sonic Instrument. The Beep Synth does sound, but it sounds like…the beep synth.

I was able to load some nice sounding VST instruments, like Spitfire audio’s Labs Piano. That works great and I’m happy to keep moving forward with that on this machine, but I was wondering if anyone has any work arounds for getting Halcion to work on hacked macs.

Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, so we can see which specific content is missing.

In what way doesn’t the SDA work?

You should be able to download everything separately, but you’ll need to make sure that you’ve got it all.

If this is a 21.5-inch iMac, then you’ve only got 2 CPU cores, which is going to seriously impede you with Dorico, particularly doing audio work. You can at least make sure you’ve got 32Gb of RAM, which will help a bit.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (397.4 KB)
Here it is. Thank you!

Mine has 24 GB of RAM, but irregardlessly, I’m not planning to do anything too fancy with it so I think it will be okay.

The SDA starts up, but then restarts the finder and closes all open applications.

You are missing the HALion Sonic Selection, and the REVerence impulse responses. Unfortunately I’m not sure that the HALion Sonic Selection sounds are available for download outside of SDA.

You may need to open a ticket with our support team, who may possibly be able to direct you to how to download HALion Sonic Selection without using SDA.