Playback is all of a sudden 1 semitone flate.

I don’t know what I did to change it, but now everything plays back 1/2 step flat.I don’t know if its a sample rate issue with my macbook or if the midi stream is transposing.

Any ideas of where to begin would be geatly appreicated.

thanks
kim

If it’s a semitone out then that suggests that another application has changed the sample rate.

1 Like

You should find that going to Edit > Device Setup, choosing another sample rate, waiting a moment, and then re-choosing the original sample rate will take care of the problem.

2 Likes

you guys are the best, thanks!

Just noticed the same issue here. Do we know what apps may be causing this? (Daniel’s fix worked for me too)

For me, it’s when I play a youtube video while dorico is open. It doesn’t always happen. I suppose it has to to with the samplerate of the video being played.

Happens here (on Mac) when Logic is open at the same time and it’s set to 48KHz.

That’s interesting - I already had a feeling it was YouTube.

It’s possible that an external mic you had plugged in changed the sample rate. A less effective way to bypass that (if you want to keep using whatever it is that changed the sample rate) is to go change the coarse to -1 semitone in Halion, though this is the less preferable method!

You can have Dorico run at 44100 or 48000, you may just want to check and use the same sample rate in all programs.

Why would I only have one choice in Edit > Device setup > Sample Rate? It only lists 44100, and Dorico is playing a 1/2 step high.

But when I right-click the Windows 10 speaker icon in the tray (lower right), Speaker Setup (stereo) > Advanced Setup > Dell U3419W (my audio driver on my monitor) > Properties > Advanced , the sample rate is also set to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality), so it matches. (I get the same half-step too high when using 44100 24 bit, and still only get one choice of sample rate in Dorico Device setup.)

Edited to add: well, now it sounds ok, not sure why. Both at 48000… but I still can only pick 48000…