playback issue

Hello

I doing some piano work and when I try to playback, Dorico goes from 4% to more than a 100% use of the cpu.
I’m only using one staff routed via midi to a IAC bus. No virtual instrument in Dorico.

Anybody notice anything on the midi side of things with 3.5 ?

Thanks
All the best

Yan

If you’re using an IAC bus, then have you checked that you’re not getting a feedback loop, so that every MIDI event is being echoed back to Dorico? Does this happen if you send to a different port?

Hello Paul

My Midi input is set to another device, but I changed the output IAC bus to see and I get the same result.
Best

Yan

Can you run Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the file from your desktop here?

Here you go.
Thank you

Yan
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (485 KB)

I can’t see any specific warnings in there, though I can see there’s a lot of IAC buses. Could you try creating a new project using the default HSO Playback Template and tell us whether the CPU usage goes up to 100%?

Paul, I just did a test with default HSO and I get the same issue.
here the file I’m working on. Flow 7 for example.

Best
Yan
Miniatures.dorico.zip (1.42 MB)

I wonder if you are experiencing the problem described in this thread? https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=167430&start=50

Try pressing the F4 button to show the video window and then press again to hide it, and then try to play - is the CPU reduced?

Yes !
I’m now at 22%
I had never heard of this.

Thank you…

Best
Yan