Playback issues after project is open for a while

Tried searching for this issue but haven’t had any luck. I’m using Cubase Pro 11, and I’m not sure if this is a Cubase problem or a VST issue, but basically when I first load up a project everything sounds fine. I can hear all the MIDI notes, I can record normally, input them normally, everything works exactly as it is supposed to. But something odd happens after about 40 minutes to an hour - - I will notice that Cubase’s RAM usage will suddenly drop almost 20%, and at this point I start to have issues with some MIDI playback where certain notes won’t play but others will. It is especially problematic if I have a quick succession of notes, like, say several 16th notes in a row, sometimes only the first note will sound and it will completely skip over the rest, even when it’s the same exact note.

I am using EastWest’s Opus and PLAY, and I have them set to stream the music from the drive my libraries are on (because it’s a very fast drive), and they load into the RAM as I play them.

What’s weird, too, sometimes this issue will arise, but sometimes it never happens and I’m able to work for hours without any problems. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

I can fix the issue by just exiting and reloading the project, but of course this gets annoying to do after a while.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi and welcome on the forum,

It would be interesting to try this without EastWest Play (Opus). But I have read similar issues when using Opus, already. So I wouldn’t be wondering if Opus would be the problem here.