Playback issues Dorico 3.5

Greetings,

sorry to say this guys, but the sound engine needs a revamp. No sound issue with any other app (Sibelius 2020, FInale 2014, RockGuitar, …), but now that I finally decided to invest the time and switch to Dorico, the sound engine denies work completely. No matter how big the buffer size, no matter what engine, no matter what output sampler (such as Noteperformer) – nothing, no sound. But all works well with other apps, as mentioned above. And every second start or so the Sound Engine dies at startup, on a clean system I just set up 2 days ago. I scrawled the forums, and people are having severe issues since Dorico 3 – time to refactor this completely! Otherwise I will return Dorico 3.5 as it is useless for me with no sound at all. I hope we find a solution in the next 7 days, otherwise my 14 day return period is over.

BR,
Andy

Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your trouble, but I’m sure we will solve it.
For a start, please create a new project from piano template and enter a few notes. Then, from the main menu choose ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. The corresponding zip file please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks