playback issues

When I try to playback my composition The green bar moves but the sound is delayed about four measures. I am recording with a MIDI keyboard and am also experiencing the delay when recording that the metrenome tick does not line up with the measure being recorded. PLEASE HELP

What audio device/ASIO driver are you using and what is the sample rate and buffer size?
A delay of 4 measures is very big, we never heard of something like this before.
Is the delay constant or does it even increase over time?

Try following: Go to Edit > Device Setup and change the sample rate to a different value, wait for 2 seconds and then switch back to the former rate.
Then try playing back again, still the same delay?

If still the same problem, please choose Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That’ll create a zip file on your desktop, please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.

Got this same problem. Changed the sample rate to a different value and then changed it again to 48000. Solved. But it shouldn’t happen in the first place!

spin, is there any possibility that you’re simultaneously running a different piece of software (such as a DAW) that might be altering your sample rate?

I, too, had this problem. Same fix worked for me. No other DAW etc running, I use a MOTU Ultralite Mk3 as my audio interface. This problem only happened in the last two weeks, however, and I can’t nail what caused it.