Playback jitters and cuts out

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

I’m afraid FlexASIO is only for Windows, so it won’t help on macOS. It does sound like gradually a resource on your computer is becoming exhausted, and that quitting and restarting Dorico – which I would guess will be among the most resource-intensive programs you are running for long periods of time on your computer – is sufficient to allow your computer to recover those resources again. We test Dorico periodically with profiling tools to make sure that it is not leaking resources to any meaningful degree, so I am reasonably confident that Dorico itself is not likely to be the cause of any resource exhaustion. But it could very well be that the combination of other software you’re running on your computer at the same time is making a contribution to the problem. If quitting and restarting Dorico is sufficient to alleviate it, then provided you’re not having to do this every (say) half an hour or so, this is probably what you should continue to do.

Thanks Daniel. My PC is fairly new, but it’s true that my RAM is limited. That may be the cause. This weekend I’ll finally upgrade it. I also suspect it has something to do with my MIDI keyboard because I haven’t been using it for the past week and the problem didn’t show up but I used the keyboard again today and after a couple of hours there it is again. I generated a diagnostic report, as suggested by Ulf. Hope it sheds some light on the problem. By the way, congratulations on the launch of Dorico for iPad. I think it is absolutely amazing!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.3 MB)

Thanks for the data asveginor. Unfortunately it does not indicate anything unusual. What if you choose the Generic Low Latency Driver or ASIO4All instead of Voicemeeter, do you get the same cut outs?

Hello. I have similar problems, so I tried all of the above, with little succes.
So I gave up. But now an odd thing is occuring.
I checked how many instances of the halion sonic engines, was running in play mode. And there was actually one to many. So I cleaned up, loading the instruments in their corresponding place in the score. But now the Euphoniums are playing an octave lower, than they should. And even though I am soloing the flutes (by marking them up in the score) they start playing to.
Here is the diagnostics file: Dorico Diagnostics.zip (958.1 KB)

Have you tried reapplying the playback template? That shall also clean up everything and only load the minimum required HALion instances.

1 Like