Playback - jump to cursor?

I am still learning all the new icons in the WL8 transport bar but am looking for some help.

Is there any setting or option that makes playback immediately jump to wherever I click in the file or montage - i.e, “jump to cursor”? I currently jump around by clicking a location then hitting the space bar to stop then again to restart at the new location but it seems there is a faster way.

I believe I saw someone “one click jumping” in a Youtube tutorial but I don’t know how they did it (playback immediately jumps to click location). This would be a very quick way to spot-check levels and EQ, especially in the montage window.

If playback is active, simply click in the time ruler.
If playback is not active, simply double-click in the time ruler.

Does that answer your question?

OK, will give that a try (I was trying to click in the waveform window, not the ruler).

Thank you.

How can I scroll the waveform while playing back? When I try, the waveform skips always back to the playhead.

Change the option ‘view follows cursor’ or similar wording.

Re: “Change the option ‘view follows cursor’ or similar wording.”

Where is this option in Wavelab 8? I am not finding “view follows cursor” in Options or elsewhere. I will keep looking but any help would be appreciated.

Never mind - I found “view follows cursor” under “view.” Sorry.

Is there any setting or option that makes playback immediately jump to wherever I click in the file or montage - i.e, “jump to cursor”?

What you want is Number-Pad Enter. Note: regular Enter will not work.

This doesn’t always work!