Playback: Just when I thought I could start liking Dorico (Argh!)

vst2xscanner: illegal usage
usage: vst2xscanner -p pluginPath

Hi @thecoast ,

unfortunately you did not copy the complete command. After the -p the path to the plug-in is missing.

Therefore please try again and after the ‘minus p’ add

“C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\NotePerformer64.dll”

Thanks

@Ulf
Ah! Just noticed that there was a scroll bar. Let’s try this again.

OK. There was no output after typing the whole line. When I typed
echo %ERRORLEVEL%

the output was the number

@thecoast , errorlevel 6 means that the scan failed. Can you please try again and make sure that you really copy everything and that all is in one line:

“C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico4\VSTAudioEngine\Components\vst2xscanner.exe” -p “C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\NotePerformer64.dll”

With me it works. Or is the path to NotePerformer different with you?

Copied correctly on one line.
Pressed enter.
No output.
Typed echo %ERRORLEVEL% and
the number 6 was output.
Checked NotePerformer path and it is correct.

I do get sound through HALion.
I am going to uninstall the Stream Deck Dorico 4 Notation Express plugin and see what happens. It doesn’t make sense, but I’ve already tried what makes sense… OK. So that didn’t do anything. I then reset devices and playback to factory to see what that does. Also nothing.

Though this playback problem was my nightmare with Dorico when it first came out, this time it’s happening but only with NotePerformer. I wonder if Wallander will have any insight.

And your NotePerformer is really the latest version?

Yes, sir.

Yay! Problem solved! I had somehow reinstalled an old NotePerformer version. Uninstalled it and then installed the newer version and it’s all good now. Thanks to @Ulf for his patience and willingness to press this to a solution.

1 Like

Now I want to work for Dorico. :nerd_face:

1 Like