Playback not working after routing

Hi,
I have a midi file I imported with all channels being generic trable cleff staves.
To optimize the project I routed all the channels to the first channel (so that they all play back from a single channel, allowing me to delete the other redundant piano sound channels)… But now it’s not playing back at all. I don’t know what I did wrong. Not even the first channel (which is what all the channels are routed to) is playing back. Halion is working fine (it plays back when clicking on the keyboard inside Halion) so I don’t know what I did or how to fix it.
Help?
Thanks,

Can you attach the project here?

If you don’t want to do that, you should be able to get back to a state where the project plays back by re-applying the default playback template via Play > Playback Template.

I will attach the project. Re-applying the playback template is not working. Everything is being routed correctly, but it’s as if Halion and Dorico aren’t connected. If you open up halion and click on the keyboard you can hear sound.

I will need to have all my sketch tracks routed to just one, because it will be a big project and I need to save all the RAM I can. What is most frustrating is that after adding some instruments I can’t hear them!! It’s as if I broke the default Halion.

Anyway, project attached:
Score.dorico (2.2 MB)

I closed and opened Dorico, reapplyed the playback template, and now it’s working. I don’t know what to say :man_facepalming:

Your project as posted plays back OK here. I’m glad you’re back up and running.

1 Like